Psalms Coloring Pages - 8.5x11
These are the 8.5x11 versions of our popular Psalms Coloring Posters illustrations. When you purchase this digital download, you'll receive TWO VERSIONS of the coloring illustrations.
- One is the same design that you will find on our large coloring posters.
- Another includes simplified illustrations for our youngest coloring friends.
So there is something for all ages and all abilities. You can see some examples of these different styles by clicking on the images on the left.
To get the most out of the Psalms Coloring Pages, we'd encourage you to also pick up our Psalms Devotional Guide - which will be available soon.
When you purchase these files, you'll receive a PDF file that includes both versions of the coloring pages.
Why Focus on the Psalms?
One of the great things about our Psalms Coloring Pages is that they can also be used anytime you wish, and are not uniquely tied to Lent. While the Psalms come from the RCL texts for Lent (Year B), these are also Psalms that can (and should!) be studied and read and illustrated and colored throughout the year. So it isn't a problem if you don't finish all the coloring pages. You can now also use them another time for youth group, a Bible study on the Psalms or....who knows?! Get creative!
When I was a kid, whenever I'd ask someone where in the Bible I should start reading, inevitably someone would say, "Alright. Close your Bible. Now open it up to about the halfway point. Start reading."
If you do that, you'll almost always end up in the Psalms.
Readings the Psalms as a kid was a way into scripture that allowed me to figure out that emotions were a good thing, and that we shouldn't try to hide them from God. Reading the Psalms as a kid gave me words to express the feelings I had, and helped me to see that the authors of the Psalms struggled with many of the same things I struggled with.
The Psalms are a great source of theological creativity, depth, and wonder, and we're excited to be able to offer children and people of all ages a way into the Psalms.
Psalms Used for our Psalms Coloring Pages
Below I've listed each of the coloring pages with the accompanying scripture, as well as which days in Lent we would suggest using each of the pages. Again, we made these coloring pages for use anytime during the year, but I've listed the proposed dates for Lent 2018.
- Coloring Page 1: Psalm 25:1-10 (1st Sunday in Lent)
- Coloring Page 2: Psalm 22:23-31 (2nd Sunday in Lent)
- Coloring Page 3: Psalm 19 (3rd Sunday in Lent)
- Coloring Page 4: Psalm 107:1-3, 17-22 (4th Sunday in Lent)
- Coloring Page 5: Psalm 51:1-12 (5th Sunday in Lent)
- Coloring Page 6: Psalm 31:9-16 (Palm Sunday/Liturgy of the Passion)
- Coloring Page 7: Psalm 116:1-2, 12-19 (Maundy Thursday)
- Coloring Page 8: Psalm 22:1-22 (Good Friday)
- Coloring Page 9: Psalm 118:1-2, 14-24 (Easter)