Illustrated Compassion Coloring Posters
Our Illustrated Compassion Coloring Posters highlight biblical stories of compassion from both the Hebrew Scriptures and the New Testament. Those who color the posters will be drawn into these biblical stories which both show us what God's compassion looks like and invite us to consider how to live compassionately in the world today.
Important Details About Posters
- Shipping: We ship posters in the order that we receive your orders. Typically, posters are shipped out within a day or two of receiving your order. We are based in Chicago, and most states in the midwest get their posters the day after we drop them off at UPS.
- Posters: This poster set includes 4 (FOUR) posters. The Compassion poster is 4' x 3' and the remaining three posters are 2' x 3'.
- Paper: These posters are printed on a brand new 32lb paper that works well with all mediums, including crayons, markers, colored pencils and pastels.
- Digital Files: We have a large international community, especially from Canada, New Zealand, South Africa, England, Ireland and Australia, and we have found that our international customers have had success ordering the digital files from us and having them printed locally. Depending on where you live, you may not have the exact 36"x24" or 48"x36" size, but you can resize the files to work for you and your context.
- Poster Bundle: Physical Posters + Digital Files: $75 (Bundle does not include the curriculum - it is just the posters and the digital files of the posters)
- Physical Posters ONLY: $45
- Digital Files ONLY: $35
- S&H: $12 (for one set), $18 (for 2-3 sets) and $24 (for 4+ sets)
Note about the Bundle of Physical Posters and Digital Files: The bundle does not include the curriculum - it is just a bundle of the physical posters and the digital versions of the posters. The curriculum needs to be purchased separately, and it will be available to purchase starting Tuesday, May 16th.
Illustrated Compassion Coloring Posters
In addition to the large 48" x 36" Compassion poster, the set includes 3 additional posters that are 24" x 36". Each of these posters correspond to a teaching module from the Illustrated Compassion curriculum, and includes both words and symbols from the biblical stories included in the modules. The modules are listed below for each of the posters:
Module 1 Poster – Compassion in the Hebrew Scriptures
- Genesis 18:1-8: Abraham and Sarah’s Guests
- Exodus 1:15-21: Shiphrah and Puah’s Courage
- 2 Samuel 9:1-13: David Shows Kindness
- 2 Kings 6:8-23: The Feast that Brought Peace
Module 2 Poster – Compassion in the New Testament
- Matthew 9:35-38: Jesus’ Compassion
- Mark 10:17-27: The One Thing
- Luke 7:11-17: Compassion that Heals
- John 5:1-9: Jesus Heals on the Sabbath
Module 3 Poster – Living a Compassionate Life
- Deuteronomy 10:12-22: You Were Immigrants
- Micah 6:6-8: What is Good
- Matthew 25:31-46: Lord, When Was It?
- Luke 10:25–37: The One Who Showed Mercy
Ideas for Using Our Illustrated Compassion Coloring Posters
There are many ways to use our Illustrated Compassion Coloring Posters – and you all probably have even more creative ideas than these – but here are a few that come to mind:
- Sunday School: Use these posters along with our Illustrated Compassion curriculum for a no-prep Sunday School curriculum, and your kids will love getting to color the large posters! Even better - they make beautiful art that can be framed and/or displayed throughout your church facilities!
- As an activity for children during worship: Many churches have left these posters on a table or on the floor for children during the service, which has proven to be a fun way to keep them engaged in the service.
- As an activity during VBS: Maybe you’re thinking about your summer VBS program – and you’re looking for another activity to fill some of the time and add some variety to your curriculum? The posters would be a great option for that.
- Intergenerational Family Nights: Get families and other church members together for a fun evening. Start with coloring the posters around tables and talking about the stories, enjoy a meal together, and then end the evening by roasting marshmallows outside for some S’mores!
What about coloring sheets?
We are offering coloring sheets based on these posters, and this year they are available in the following sizes: 8.5x11, 8.5x14 and 11x17. You can purchase them here.
We ship ALL of our posters with UPS and we prefer to ship to your church/business address. If we will be shipping to a church/business address, please list the church/business name in the second line of your shipping address where it says "Church/Company." This enables us to have the best information to send to UPS. If UPS doesn't deliver to your church, or you'd prefer your home address used, just don't enter anything into the Church/Company text field. Please note: UPS cannot ship to PO Boxes. Listing a PO Box as your shipping address will cause delays to your delivery because we will have to contact you to determine a different shipping address.