An Illustrated Invitation: Joining God at Work in the World
Important Product Note: This is a digital product that you have to print yourself. There is no physical product. You can get a FREE sample lesson by clicking here.
An Illustrated Invitation Curriculum is a 12-week, no-prep curriculum that highlights biblical stories of joining God at work in the world from both the Hebrew Scriptures and the New Testament. It is designed to draw children ages preschool to fifth grade into conversation with biblical stories, showing them what God is doing, and inviting them to consider how to join in that work.
Each lesson highlights a particular biblical story and provides opportunities to focus on hearing and reflecting on the story with open-ended questions, creating meaningful art, sharing in an interactive activity based on the story, and providing an opportunity to share God’s love. If you want to learn more, you can find out more details here. It is divided into these three modules:
Module 1: God’s Invitation in the Hebrew Scriptures
- Genesis 12:1-3; 15:1, 5-6: God Invites Abram and Sarai
- Genesis 21:5-21: God’s Love for Hagar and Ishmael
- Genesis 28:10-19: The Place God Was In
- Numbers 27:1-11: Five Daughters Demand to be Included
Module 2: God’s Invitation in the New Testament
- Luke 2:41-52: God’s Wisdom is with the Child
- Luke 19:1-10: Jesus Surprises Zacchaeus
- Matthew 22:34-40: Love God, Love Your Neighbor
- Acts 16:13-15: Lydia Extends an Invitation
Module 3: Accepting God’s Invitation
- Deuteronomy 6:4-9; 24-25: Everywhere You Go
- Leviticus 25:8-10: Jubilee
- Acts 2:1-12; 37-47: The Gift of the Holy Spirit
- 1 Corinthians 11:23-26: Remember Me
What will I receive when I purchase the complete Curriculum Bundle?
Twelve no-prep lessons covering stories from the Hebrew Scriptures and the New Testament.
Each lesson includes the following:
- Introductory comments for the teacher
- A physically-active opening gathering activity that connects to the biblical story
- A child-friendly paraphrase of the scripture which you can use as a script for the kids
- Illustrated Story Cards: simple drawings and statements that depict central elements of the biblical story for that lesson, allowing children the opportunity to tell the story back to you by placing the cards in the right order. These also make great additional coloring pages.
- Suggested questions for discussing and imagining together
- A beautifully-illustrated coloring page that highlights one scene from the story
- An extra activity to help the children join God at work in the world
- A closing prayer
You will also receive the 8.5x11 version of our Illustrated Invitation Coloring Pages.
Note: The coloring pages included in the curriculum can only be printed out as 8.5x11 coloring pages. If you want the other sizes, you will need to order the Coloring Pages separately here. Coloring posters are NOT included in your purchase of the Curriculum Bundle. They are available for purchase separately here.
"This sounds great, but we don't need something for 12 weeks."
While the best deal is to purchase the complete Curriculum Bundle (starting at $80), if you want to try out our curriculum, or are only interested in one of the modules, you can purchase the modules individually. Each module contains four weeks of material.
Delivery of Files
When you make your purchase, you will be taken to a page to download your product, and you'll also receive an email with a link to download An Illustrated Invitation. You will download a ZIP file where you can access all of the curriculum files. If you aren't familiar with ZIP files, a quick YouTube/Google search will help you figure out what to do with them.
- An Illustrated Invitation for Families: This is a companion devotional for families that goes with the curriculum. You can learn more and purchase it here.
- Illustrated Invitation Coloring Posters: Our coloring posters (available as both physical posters and digital files) are a fantastic intergenerational product and can be purchased here.
- Illustrated Invitation Coloring Pages: Both the Curriculum Bundle and An Illustrated Invitation for Families include the 8.5x11 coloring pages. But if you want the ability to print them in a variety of larger sizes, you can purchase them here.