Psalms Devotional Guide
Our Psalms Devotional Guide can be used on its own, but it is meant to accompany our Psalms Coloring Posters & Coloring Pages. This Devotional Guide includes nine meaningful devotions with reflections and questions for both children and adults.
The short reflections and questions will guide you through some familiar, and some more unfamiliar, Psalms. Drawing from the Psalms found in the Revised Common Lectionary (Year B) readings for Lent, these illustrations and this devotional guide can be used during Lent, or anytime during the year when you want to dive into the Psalms.
The Psalms are a great source of theological creativity, depth, and wonder, and we’re excited to be able to offer children and people of all ages a way into the Psalms.
Each of the devotions includes the following:
- Suggested Psalm to read
- A suggested musical interpretation of the Psalm
- A reflection that is geared toward youth and adults
- A shorter reflection on the scripture for children
- Questions for children
- A "Going Deeper" section with questions for all ages
These devotions were written by Geoff Duffy, who, over the last twenty years, has worked as the Pastoral Assistant for Liturgy and Music in several Catholic parishes, as well as spent time with Lutherans and Presbyterians. Duffy was also the author of our Stations of the Cross Devotional Guide, which was used by over 500 churches.
Note: The illustrations in the Psalms Devotional Guide are just meant as a reference to what illustration the devotion goes with. They are not meant to be large enough to color. We encourage you to purchase our Psalms Coloring Posters or the Psalms Coloring Pages here.
Ways to Use Our Devotional Guide
There are many ways to use this devotional guide, and here are a few to get your creative juices flowing.
- Purchase it for yourself or your family, and spend time going through the devotions on the Psalms.
- Put together an intergenerational Sunday School class during Lent and bring people together for coloring and conversation (using the reflections and prompts in the devotional guide).
- Download it and print it off to take to those in your congregations who can't make it to weekly worship anymore as a way to connect them with what your church is doing during the year.
What You'll Receive
Upon your purchase, you will receive a downloadable PDF of the Psalms Devotional Guide that you can print out.