Stations of the Cross Coloring Posters
Invite your community on a journey following the footsteps of Christ with our Stations of the Cross Coloring Posters, illustrated by artist and pastor Adam Walker Cleaveland. The eight coloring posters will immerse your community in the biblical account of the last days and hours of Jesus' life.
Whether you're looking for an intergenerational program, a communal art activity or something unique for your community to do together, our Stations of the Cross Coloring Posters provide a creative, engaging, and participatory way for people to connect with faith.
If you're looking to add additional activities or programs to the coloring posters, consider purchasing our Stations of the Cross Devotional Guide. You can learn more here.
Important Poster Details & Ordering Information:
- Physical Posters: These 36" wide x 24" tall posters are printed on thick, 32-pound paper that works beautifully with many different mediums – from crayons to colored pencils to markers. While getting the digital files and printing them yourself is a great option if you don't live in the US or Canada, the quality will not be the same as that of the posters we ship. Physical posters are available only to US and Canadian mailing addresses.
- Digital Files: At the time of purchase you will receive a link to download the illustrations in a zip file. Depending on where you live, you may not have the exact size, but you can resize the files as needed. Detailed instructions will come with the download as to how we suggest getting the posters printed. "Engineering prints" instead of "posters" is the most inexpensive option available. You can learn more about engineering prints here. There is also a color digital option available if you'd like to just print out pre-colored posters to use during Lent.
- Digital Add-On: When you add both the Physical Posters and the Digital Files to your cart and use the discount code STATIONS-BUNDLE at checkout, the digital files will cost ONLY $25 (The digital files cost $50 if purchased on their own).
- Physical Coloring Posters: $85
- B&W Digital Files: $50
- Color Digital Files: $100
- Bundle: Add the B&W Digital Files files to your purchase of the physical posters for only $25 when you use the discount code STATIONS-BUNDLE at checkout. Offer only available with the B&W Digital Files, not the Color Digital Files.
Inspiration: If you are curious about how others have used our large format posters and would like to see inspirational photos, check out this helpful blog post.
The Scriptural Form of the Stations of the Cross
Given that the Illustrated Children’s Ministry community comes from over 60 different denominations, some of whom may not be familiar with the Stations of the Cross, we decided to go with the scriptural form of the Stations of the Cross, which Pope John Paul II introduced on Good Friday 1991.
The stations are listed below, along with their accompanying scriptural reference. You'll notice that we are also including a 15th Station which celebrates the resurrection of Jesus.
- Station 1: Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane (Matthew 26:36-41)
- Station 2: Jesus, Betrayed by Judas, is Arrested (Mark 14:43-46)
- Station 3: Jesus is Condemned by the Sanhedrin (Luke 22:66-71)
- Station 4: Jesus is Denied by Peter (Matthew 26:69-75)
- Station 5: Jesus is Judged by Pilate (Mark 15:1-5, 15)
- Station 6: Jesus is Scourged and Crowned with Thorns (John 19:1-3)
- Station 7: Jesus Bears the Cross (John 19:6, 15-17)
- Station 8: Jesus is Helped by Simon the Cyrenian to Carry the Cross (Mark 15:21)
- Station 9: Jesus Meets the Women of Jerusalem (Luke 23:27-31)
- Station 10: Jesus is Crucified (Luke 23:33-34)
- Station 11: Jesus Promises His Kingdom to the Good Thief (Luke 23:39-43)
- Station 12: Jesus Speaks to His Mother and the Disciples (John 19:25-27)
- Station 13: Jesus Dies on the Cross (Luke 23:44-46)
- Station 14: Jesus is Placed in the Tomb (Matthew 27:57-60)
- Station 15: The Resurrection of Jesus (Mark 16:1-6)
If you do a google search for "Stations of the Cross Coloring Pages" - we think you'll see why we felt there was a need for a re-envisioning of the stations in a way that could be accessible to children (and "children at heart"). Each poster takes an aspect from the accompanying scripture and focuses on that specific piece of the narrative. So whether it's a tear from Jesus' eye (Station 1), a close-up of Judas giving Jesus a kiss (Station 2) or Peter's arms crossed as he denies knowing Jesus (Station 4), the illustrations will draw you into the story in a way that some of the kitschy cartoons of the past aren't able to.
Shipping & Handling Costs
- S&H for 48 Contiguous states: $12 (for one set), $18 (for 2-3 sets) and $24 (for 4+ sets)
- S&H for Alaska/Hawaii: $20 (for one set), $26 (for 2-3 sets) and $32 (for 4+ sets)
- S&H for Canada: $25 (for one set), and $35 (for multiple sets)
We ship ALL of our posters via UPS and we prefer to ship to your church/business address. If we will be shipping to a church/business address, please list the church/business name in the second line of your shipping address where it says "Church/Company." This enables us to have the best information to send to UPS.
If UPS doesn't deliver to your church, or you'd prefer your home address used, leave the Church/Company text field blank. Please note: UPS cannot ship to PO Boxes. Listing a PO Box as your shipping address will cause delays to your delivery because we will have to contact you to determine a different shipping address. If you're ordering from Canada, you must provide a phone number.
Why pay the extra for the physical posters?
Part of the reason our posters are loved by so many is the quality of the posters themselves. We’ve gone through a few different types of paper with our coloring posters, and we are thrilled with the paper we’re currently using. The 32-pound paper we currently use works great with colored pencils, crayons, and markers.
When you buy the physical posters from us, you will receive the illustrations on an amazingly high-quality paper.
We currently only ship to the United States and Canada. Since we have a large community of international customers, we also provide our poster illustrations as downloadable digital files. We know that for some folks, getting the digital files can be more convenient (and for some, it’s the only option). We are happy to provide that resource.
However, the quality of paper you will get at other print shops (or stores like Staples/FedEx) is not nearly as nice as the quality that we provide when we ship the posters to you.
Don’t get us wrong – it’s certainly not bad (we shipped our very first two sets of coloring posters after having them printed at Staples). But the high-quality paper is stronger and provides better color quality.
You may also be interested in:
- Stations of the Cross Coloring Pages: Our 8.5×11 coloring pages include both the poster illustrations, as well as a simplified design for our youngest coloring friends or those who prefer less detail to color
- Stations of the Cross Devotional Guide: While you could go through this devotional guide without purchasing the coloring posters or pages, this guide is meant to accompany the coloring >posters and coloring pages.
- Christ is Risen Coloring Page & Poster: This poster focuses on the resurrection and can be used for Easter. You can purchase a digital version of this poster individually.