An Illustrated Compassion Music
Important Note: If you are already purchasing the curriculum bundle, there is no need to purchase this product. We are selling the music as an à la carte option in case someone just wants to purchase the music, or if someone only wants to purchase one of the modules, but would like all of the music.
We are excited to be able to share with you four original songs that were composed for our curriculum. We know you'll find many ways to incorporate the singing and music into the lessons.
We worked with composer and musician Geoff Duffy to create four child-friendly songs that were theologically-rich, easy and enjoyable to sing and could work in a variety of different ways for your community. With the additional music component, we imagine there are many ways people may choose to incorporate it into the curriculum:
- Your church musician (or someone who is comfortable playing piano or guitar) could come into the class at the very beginning and help teach the songs to children each week.
- If your church has a children's choir, they could learn some of these songs to sing during worship.
- Find some creative ways to engage the children singing these songs along with your church choir. Maybe the choir sings the verses and the children can sing the chorus?
- Some of you may be using this curriculum for Vacation Bible School - so make sure you have someone who can play guitar or piano to lead the music during the week.
When you purchase the curriculum bundle, you'll receive all four songs. If you purchase individual modules of the curriculum, you will receive the curriculum theme song, Clothe Yourselves with Compassion, and the song that goes along with the module you purchase. The songs are listed below, and you can also hear some samples of the music below.
- Theme Song: Clothe Yourselves with Compassion
- Module 1: What We Need
- Module 2: The Reign of God Looks Like
- Module 3: Whatever You Do
What You'll Receive
When you purchase this downloadable digital product, nothing will be shipped to you. You will receive a link to download a ZIP file upon completion of your purchase, and all of the files will be available to you then. Included in the ZIP file, you'll find:
- Music Notes written by the composer for suggestions on how to lead each of the songs and how they each connect with the curriculum.
- Sheet music (both a full piano score and lead sheets with chords) for each of the four songs.
- MP3 audio files (this includes a professionally-recorded version sung by singer-songwriter Neah Lee, a guitar accompaniment track, a piano accompaniment track, and a short choral sample, for each song).
A note about the audio MP3 files: These MP3 files will help you lead the music. Since these are digital files, and not audio CDs, you'll either need to play the music from your computer, or get the MP3 file on to your phone or tablet. You can also burn the MP3s onto a blank audio disc to play in a CD player. While Adam would love to come and help each and every one of you, in person, burn the audio files onto a CD, it's not possible. So, beyond providing you with the audio files, we aren't able to offer any other technical assistance to figuring out how to get the files to play for your specific context.
Let us know if you have any other questions. If any portion of this is confusing - just reach out to us and we'll answer any questions we can. Please send any questions or comments to email@example.com.